View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 PM
AshleyR

I don't think you can do that. They are pretty good at protecting their phones, for lack of a better phrase. I know one of the times we were having trouble with them, we went to Walmart and got a new (Straight talk) phone and couldn't use another SIM card in it. They have to "marry" the SIM and the phone. They make a LOT of money on the phones (look at the difference in price on the same phones thru Trac Phones, which is the same company), so they don't want you using your old ATT phones.

OTOH, my hubby and my son both are using "contract" phones with T-Mobile's Pre-Paid (yes, with Pandora!!!). I think you can with ATT, but don't hold me to it.

If you really want to see how much fun ST is to deal with, "friend" them on Facebook and look at the complaints on their page. I bet they get hundreds of problems a day.

I seriously would not recommend this service to anybody. Now a days, most services offer unlimited services for around $50 per month. I'd spend the extra $5/month for At&t or Verizon and save the aggravation!

Originally Posted by BKrenning View Post
If your phone is compatible (AT&T or T-Mobile in my area), you can just order a SIM card instead of using one of their phones since that seems to be what most people have complaints about. I have the SIM and a $45 refill card but hubby with his i-Phone, bandwidth sucking, AT&T checkbook sucking piece of crap won't use it so now I'm waiting until our youngest son's contract expires in November to try it out on. If that works, then maybe hubby will switch.