Old 08-24-2012, 04:53 PM
moonrise

Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
the majority of F8's I have received in the Boom swaps have come to me w/ .45 stamp and have never had to pay any postage. I think it has to do w/ the receiving PO, which just makes me mad. If the mailing PO said it was OK w/ a .45 stamp what right do they have to disagree with them and make you pay more. It should be up to the PO that is mailing it. Does that make sense to anyone else or is it just me and my twisted logic?
Yep, that's exactly what can happen. The mailing post office gives a quote, but the receiving post office disagrees and tries to charge more. Bad thing is, even clerks at the VERY SAME post office sometimes disagree.

When I used to sell on eBay, I'd look up the price online first, and when I'd take the package to the post office, I'd try to get a specific clerk ... one who knew what she was doing. The others would try to overcharge nearly every time. It was worse on international packages than domestic ones. Sometimes I'd have to print out the USPS website's quote as proof, and even then, they'd fuss about it even though I had the quote right there in black-and-white. So frustrating!

I'm glad the postage can be printed online now, if I need to ship a package.