Old 08-25-2012, 01:20 AM
DottyD

Good morning girls, I have been quite busy away from DJ for a few days - but I am back !!!! Thanks for the glue basting tips KatyBob - very interesting ! Nancy - your jacket is lovely - great idea ! Thanks for all your tips Gus, - I have been doing my DJ since 2007 - so have done a lot of the blocks. What you have done for me is fantastic - and has made me follow the timetable and do blocks I had put aside to do "another day" and also to tackle the triangles - I had not done any - I felt very daunted about doing them - but they are not so bad !!!! I love your Avatar by the way Gus ! Your blocks are lovely Gladys - I especially love your purples in C6 - is it "Spraytime" fabric?
Last weekend I travelled up to Birmingham to The Festival of Quilts here in the UK and stayed a couple of nights in a hotel and then went in to the exhibition twice ! It was wonderful and there was one Dear Jane there. It was made by a lady from Colchester here in the UK and was great - It was getting a lot of interest and I walked past it several times - stopping and chatting to ladies looking at it. Sadly it didn't win - but it got my vote in "viewers choice" !!
It was called " Four years of my life " The lady who made it had changed some of the blocks and I thought her alterations worked very well ! I have taken some 'photos and I will try and get them posted here later !
Spent ALL DAY yesterday doing BLC " Goshen " - phew - not hard at all - but fiddely !! Will upload a picture later !
Well it is my Granddaughter's birthday party today - so going over to them shortly - have a great weekend all - it is a Bank Holiday here on Monday and, typically it is forecast to rain !! So, I feel another Tri coming on !!
Hugs DottyD.