View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM
iwillquilt

Originally Posted by Chicca View Post
For quite a long time, I hated to do the bindings. But, knowing I can not afford to pay someone to do it for me and I love to gift finished quilts; I began to do some research. My first discovery was using Elmers Washable School Glue instead of pins...it makes everything so much faster and neater in my opinion. The second was learning how to make Continuous Bias Bindings. There are several videos and posts about it, but I was really inspired by this one.

http://www.mccallsquilting.com/mccal...ontinuous_bias

for some reason on my screen, the video is about halfway down the page....so you may have to scroll down.

Little by little, my bindings are looking prettier and I am enjoying the process more all of the time.
I just learned this way. IT was so simple. I have not completed my hand stitching on the back yet. But it looks so nice and even and is going quickly. I did not feel like I was fighting the quilt and the binding fabric like I always have before. Yes, the ironing can be tedious. But it is only ironed in half. That goes quickly too. My binding on my latest quilt will look much better than my fmq'ing. But my daughter will love it anyway.