Thread: Rotary cutter
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 08:45 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
I use my 45mm gingher most often and my 60mm quick change olfa for PP and thicker fabrics and batting and fleece I also have a 45mm ergomic that I used to use before I got the gingher off of ebay for a good price. I would say I use my 45mm the most but you still need the 60 for other things. The gingher cutter and blade I feel cut way better than my olfa ergonomic but about the same as my quick change olfa. the ginghers are more pricey but if you search on ebay you can get one for a relatively decent price, and the blades to me are better and last longer
I bought the Gingher blade after my LQS owner said her's lasted her 9 months at the shop. Well, I just purchaed the Gingher cutter from Joann's (on sale) and LOVE LOVE LOVE how it feels and cuts! And it's way too easy to change the blade. Push and twist and it's ready to throw away the old blade and put on a new blade. That's it! Truly!!!! I've used Olfa 45mm, 60mm, 18mm only, so this was a big deal to me, trading to Gingher. But I love how absolutely sharp the blades are and how comfortable the handles are (awwwhhhh) and I still can't get over how simple it is to change the blades. My new favorite toy!!