View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Wow!!! Better make the next quilt for him. You gave him a hint by leaving the machine on your wish list and now he's giving you a hint by asking when you are going to keep a quilt. I'd hurry and do it for him, since he's such a keeper! You must be a keeper, also. You must take good care of him for him to do this on his own. He truly wanted to make you happy and it sure did. I am so happy for you!!!! Isn't it funny that you don't know how bad something is until you get something good? Like how loud your old machine was? And it's nice you don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get a machine that you love. My first machine was the cheapest one by the brand I wanted and I used it for 20 years and now my daughter is loving it. I think it will last forever! Never had a problem with it. Nothing fancy at all. Don't think they had thread cutters or threaders in 1976. I only used the straight stitch. I made my clothes and then my kids their clothes and finally started quilting with it. Then I went up to a little better model. Congrats!!! Glad you are so happy with your new machine!