Thread: another find
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Carla79

Heirlooms have no meaning to some anymore was the meaning of this post. Just because it is old and tattered,... We have numerous quilts donated and well used untilcan no longer hold together in wash. It was the way the lady told her story and protraid herself that was heartbreaking. I myself have lost a dog and we buried him in a quilt, that is not the issue to me it was the fact this was an heirloom and meant nothing to the lady, so we saved it from being destroyed by dogs like after about 3 uses of them getting thrown away.. This day and age is material things and it is sad, but never set in judgement of someone until knowing whole stories. I believe most every quilter if heard this lady would have done same thing in our shoes.. I told my husband the day this happened if he done that to mine id come back to haunt him lol. Sorry but if my grandmotjer or someone i knew put that much time into something i would cherish it always and pass down to my kids with the story behind it... Judge if you want but not before hearing or being there to see and hear.