Old 08-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
For reasons too long to post, I have to have this quilt made by the end of Sept. I have been cutting and sewing for three days and still on step 2. Any quilt that has 480 hst in one step has no choice but be beautiful. Here a pic of the quilt: http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/...ht-part-7.html . I'm using the same color choices.
I did make this quilt. It was one of Bonnies "Mystery quilts". I started with Bonnie right after Carolina Crossroads, her first mystery, was completed, and I've made them all. CC is still my favorite, well loved by my favorite niece. If you think 400 hst is bad, don't look at Ocean Waves - 2000 hst in the body of the quilt and more in the border. I am not afraid of a challenge and I agree that the more fabric choices the more interesting the quilt. CC may have been over my head when I started, but I didn't know it and I just kept on trucking. I've learned so much from Bonnie pushing us. I've seen other peoples mysteries and I'm not interested in starting when I see what other stuff they have designed. I thrive on hard!!
My Double Delight was also made as a gift. I changed colors and layout. You might not recognize it. I will search for a picture. Oh, I believe it is in the DD folder at Bonnies site.