View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Sandy1951

The fabric is gorgeous and the blocks are beautiful. I can't wait to see it finished.

"Everytime I see this pattern, I think of the story from an elderly quilting friend. She had made one, and took the almost finished quilt to the lake to finish handstitching the binding. Having finished it, she put it in a big black garbage bag to keep it clean going home. Unfortunately, whoever of the group that dropped the weeks' garbabe on the way home, grabbed that bag too!!! Needless to say, she was devastated. Her daughters, also quilters, found the same fabric, and remade it for her, and gave it to her at Christmas. I can only imagine the heartbreak she must have felt when she was told it landed in the landfill. Thank goodness she can laugh now when she tells the story."

I think I would have headed for the landfill and started digging! How awful! Can you imagine how bad the person felt who accidentally threw it away? Actually, that person is the one who should have started digging at the landfill! Good lesson for all of us, I think. Never put your quilt in a garbage bag on a trip like that. Probably better to use a clear bag so it can be seen (just keep it out of the sun). How wonderful that her daughters made her another quilt. I'll bet she was very appreciative.