Old 08-25-2012, 07:45 PM
LoisM

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
This is what has kept me busy for the past month (just quilting it) I spent over 60 hours just on the quilting. I finished the embroideries and then decided to try and do it as a quilt as you go. So armed with a lot of information and a lot of prayers. I quilted it in sections, the top 4 blocks, then the centrepiece and 4 blocks together and then the last 4 blocks, sewed the panels together at the front then hand sewed the overlap at the back then quilted that sashing strip, hope that makes sense. I then zigzaged the wadding to the sides for the final bordersand attached the final borders with the backing fabric all pinned at the same time so no hand sewing, just had to mitre the corners both back and front and then I decided to do a two color binding so I would have black on the front to match the border fabric and cream on the back to match the backing.

Now my daughter and I can fight over who gets to keep it..

I have to drop it off tomorrow as it is going into an exhibition in a couple of weeks and I can't make it so friends are taking it for me.
Oh, my word!! That's absolutely gorgeous!!!