View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
azdesertrat

Originally Posted by LucyInTheSky
Originally Posted by azdesertrat
I just got done putting together a quilt top of tee shirts.cutting out the "picture" from the shirt,(I just took a class) and ironed a lightwieght stabilizer to the back of each one,I framed each "shirt" with fabric,then put them together.I ended up with large blocks 12" each I think.but it came out really nice,just have to do sew the last row to the rest and the top is done.the most important thing is to try to make the squares all the same size if at all possible
What brand/type of stabilizer do you use? I made a t-shirt quilt and hated it since everything stretched out so much and was a pain. Obviously someone thought of a way to fix that, and I've had people ask about me making them t-shirt quilts, so the stabilizer would really really help.

Thanks
I actually bought a bolt of lightwieght fusible stabilizer at Joanns,cuz she suggested 7 yards to make the quilt.I do believe it was Pellon,plus I had 40% off coupon .What we did in class is to put the shirt on the "sticky" side and the placed a very wet cloth on top of the logo and "pressed" not iron until the wet cloth was completely dry.what I used for my wet cloth was the back part of one of the t shirts.it worked really well,but is very time consuming.I had already cut out my logos to the size that I wanted,but you actually are not suppose to cut until the stabilizer on fused to the shirt because of the stretching,I was very lucky