View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:17 AM
TanyaL

When I bought my embroidery machine I found that when I was just making a project for my enjoyment, a wall hanging, a picture to be framed, etc. that I couldn't do as large as I wanted. And connecting my designs was not as easy as I had thought it should be. I do lots of smaller 8x10, 6x8, 5x7 on gift items and smaller than that on clothing items. I had never seen a home embroidery machine so i was as much a beginner as you can get. What exactly do you do mean when you call yourself a beginner? Are you afraid you won't like the hobby? Otherwise you are only someone who hasn't started yet. Since the new machines are in the stores now - if cost is a consideration- I would suggest that you go to a Brother dealer and get the best deal you can on a machine that has been traded in.
I think that wanting to get a machine that doesn't do everything possible is like saying you are just starting to drive so you want a car that is a 1980 model incase you don't like driving - and you don't need a radio, heater, AC, horn, wipers, etc. or a spare tire. You'd get a good new, modern car. I'd use the same reasoning on an embroidery machine.