View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 AM
romanojg

I too have a small sewing room. For storage I got the bookcases from Walmarts that holds the cube totes. I put a picture on the outside of the tote to show what's in it; like a project, etc. I also have a tall book case that only had a few shelves but has adjustable shelves. I took one of the shelves to Home Depot and got a few more cut and bought more of the little pieces that you put in the holes in the bookcase to hold up the shelves so I could have more shelving and didn't have such a large stack of fabric on each shelf. Plus it allows me to separate them more by color. I bought a sewing table and a cutting table at Joanns and that has really helped. I have a tall cart on wheels for my thread and a short one that fits under my cutting table to put additional things in plus a tote for stabilizer. I also machine embroidery so I have extra supplies. I got an ironning board that fits over the closet door to save on space and my cutting table has ends that fold down. I keep one side down and the other up most of the time but can put the other side up if I need it. A design board would be nice. I have a small one made of thin plywood with batting and muslin on it. I got a ruler holder last yr at the quilt show and mounted it on the wall above cutting table and hopefully the guy will be back at Oct show and I'll get another one. I have my sewing desk sitting in the middle of the room but against the wall on one end. This way I can have my regular sewing machine on one side and the emb unit on the other side. This works great because I can still sew while embroidering. Along the wall behind my desk is an old desk that has a leaf that can lift up so I can quilt on it too. I have a Viking Mega quilter on that one. I really have a lot in my room., even though its only 12 x12 or a little smaller, but I don't feel cramped.

Last edited by romanojg; 08-26-2012 at 04:34 AM.