Old 08-26-2012, 06:54 AM
BuzzinBumble

[QUOTE=Nancy in Louisiana;5464379]
Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post

Hey! I just got back from Vancouver day before yesterday. What a coincidence. It's an amazing place if you like sky scrapers and traffic and people and more skyscrapers. I think the median age of everyone there is somewhere around 28. Did enjoy seeing the white Beluga whales at the aquarium. How do they teach them to dance????
Nancy - Actually we didn't get to see the city of Vancouver - we were on Vancouver island, across the Salish Sea. We saw Vancouver (city) from the ferry going across though. My DH didn't want to go to the city - he works too often in NYC and has more than his fill of skyscrapers and traffic and crowds.
Why we would have loved to see the Belugas though! Must be some amazing aquarium! Hope you had a great trip!

Near Tofino (on the far side of the island) some lucky folks fishing saw a baby humpack and it breached right by their boat. I think he was just getting a good long look at the odd creatures above the water. It was on the Seattle news and I found a link on the internet. The folks in the boat were filming and caught the whole event. If you love whales you have to take a look at this! An experience of a lifetime!

http://newslite.tv/2012/08/15/humpba...es-in-fro.html

Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 08-26-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: brain failure