View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:38 AM
romanojg

I agree with getting one with a larger hoop than 4x4. I have a lot of hoops for mine but not all that are available but have never used the 4x4 one yet. You don't want to outgrow it or get frustrated before you learn it. I have two Vikings and I love them. I would suggest either buying from a LQS or finding a place to get lessons. My LQS doesn't care if you have a Viking or anything else you can join the classes and I know that the sew and vac has a monthly embroidery club and you can get support from something like that as well. Unless you are someone who can read a manual and pick it up support is the key to keeping up with using an emb machine. So many get frustrated and quit before they really get started. Go to the different stores and test drive all of them; even if they are out of your price range because it's nice to know what is out there and it'll give you a better understanding of what a machine can do. I knew some before I got my Ruby but I'm still learning it can do so much more. I just got a big software package and have now designed two designs which is pretty great; for me anyhow. I love the creative feeling you get from the emb; for me, it's more than I get from quilting even though I explore in quilting and have done different things. Start checking them out and you'll find a good fit for you or at least know what the minimum limitations of a machine you want and what you won't do without in a machine.