View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 AM
romanojg

I have had my Viking Ruby for almost a yr so far. I love, love love it. I've done lots of embroidery on it. I was afraid of doing the FMQ after reading everyong on here. A few months ago I took a short class at a quilt show on the Ruby and was amazed at how easy it is. It's just another reason why I'm happy that I went with the Ruby. The new interchangeable walking foot is like nothing else. You can go forward, backwards, zigzag, etc, with this one walking foot. It isn't tempermental with thread. I use Aurifil mostly but I started doing that well before I got my Ruby and then was told when I got my Viking Mega quilter that it was recommended. I also use Connecting Threads, Coats n Clarks and a lot of different embroidery threads and it handles it great. I have never in the past yr messed with the tension; it's automatic for the most part. They did so many great upgrades from the Topaz and then there are so many different hoops that you won't get bored. One of my favorite things to do is useing the cutwork needles; it makes cutwork so easy and really gives a wow factor. If I could do it all over again; I'd buy the same machine. I look forward to driving the hour after work once a month for my free embroidery club. In Sept I'll be taking two software classes and 1 club but it's so worth it. I'm always learning more things that keeps me excited. You won't be disappointed if you go with the Ruby.