Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Muv

Glad you all enjoyed seeing the Polish machine. Next time we go there I shall have to take my machine cleaning kit and give it the once over. I didn't have a go on it - if I were to try it out I would have to unscrew the motor and rig up the treadle.

Sorry Dan, no inside or underneath photos I'm afraid. Will a side view keep you going?

When we were in Poland my husband's cousin did an internet search and found plenty of Lucznik machines for sale. They looked like new models - so far as I can make out from looking at the internet today I think the name has been taken over by a Czech company, because they went bust a few years ago. The history of the company is interesting, usual story of guns and sewing machines.

Quick pronunciation guide - The L should have a line through it, but I don't know how to do that on my keyboard, and it is pronounced like a W. The cz together are pronounced like ch.

I had never seen one of these machines before, but I have just found a Lucznik on Ebay in London. It didn't sell.
Attached Thumbnails poland-074.jpg