View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Bobbielinks

Default Doris has another beauty!

I forgot to ask Doris the name of this pattern. Seems like "Forty-Eight or Fight"? Please chip right in here and tell me if you know the pattern name. I love how Doris has used the dark brown, beige and pink fabrics in her quilt. Doris gives me a lot of freedom to do whatever I want on her quilts so I always have a lot of fun, maybe too much at times. You will notice that I chose to quilt feathers around the star blocks; then changed and quilted sunflowers in the nine-patch blocks with peebles in the background. Since I did not quilt on top of the pink or brown fabrics in the body of the quilt I was able to use a beige thread thoughout the body but did change to pink and brown thread to quilt the outside borders. I use a circle template to stitch the round center of the feathered wreath (then freehand the feathers around that circle) and the large round center of the sunflower which I filled with freehand "peebles" for the sunflower seeds. Hope you enjoy looking at Doris's quilt as much as I enjoyed quilting it.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3371.jpg   100_3370.jpg   100_3369.jpg