View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Overlander

Thanks for all your comments everyone. Ducky - The fabric is Mandarin Dynasty Style #D934 by Hoffman California International Fabrics - a screen print. It takes a lot of fabric. I purchased 6 meters and hope there is enough for a queen size (pattern only gave info for a double - 32 blocks). I am making 37 and adding more border. When you rip the fabric it gives a 21 inch piece 6 meters long (or however long you are working with) to make the blocks out of, Then the other half is used for borders. Apparently the first half (from the marked selvage up) of a piece is accurately printed, but the 2nd half is not as accurate and can make the process of matching designs almost impossible. We looked at all sorts of patterns to see what would work and what wouldn't. One lady found a beautiful border print that looked gorgeous in the mirror but when she cut for a sample it didn't work. The print was laid down in 2 processes and they weren't straight. I was looking at some beautiful batik, but since they are not printed in repeats they are not useable. Shucks - they would have been beautiful. I love OBW quilts as you can tell. Oh heck - I just love quilting. :wink: