Old 08-26-2012, 07:42 PM
Scakes

Thank you all so very much for all the great comments. I hope the baby likes it as much as everyone else.

About the patterns. 5 of the blocks are from an Amy Butler quilt which can be seen at this link. We didn't want all the monsters to be space alien like tho so I changed features on some of them. Didn't use the space guns they were holding - 2 of them will be holding the discs that are used to play disc golf. One is giving the peace sign and will have a little sign on it saying "peace man" which is a favorite saying of my 3 year old granddaughter. Little changes - I don't think I did any thing too drastic to them.

http://www.amybradleydesigns.com/abd203.html

The other 6 blocks - 1 was drawn by my daughter many many years ago and she is the one having the baby. She doesn't know this block will be in the quilt. 1 block was drawn by my 12 year old granddaughter. The other 4 blocks were inspired by monsters I saw when I googled monsters. I kind of got an idea for a shape and added different parts to them until I had something that looked like a baby friendly monster.

I am almost finished stitching the first block and will post a photo before too long. Hurricane Isaac is causing a bit of a delay as we get ready for him but I'm still working on the quilt.

Again, thanks for the lovely comments. Hope all of you have a lovely week.