View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 PM
quiltingcandy

You might want to design your own. I bought mine, it folds up an makes into a full length mirror on wheels. I bought it because it was the first cutting table that fit my height. I am 5'9" and I didn't want to use risers. This one the mirror is on a 6ft piece of wood, which is mounted on wheels. When not in use the mirror is there for use. The legs are attached to each end and attached with hinges. When you pull it forward the legs drop, the back opens up to 4 ft wide and there are metal braces to support the sides. A friend came over with her husband = the took pictures and notes, said he could make it for a fraction of what I paid for it. I paid $375.00 + tax 10 years ago. The guy where I bought it said he quit carrying them because he would have to charge $800.00 for it now. We discussed doing it a bit different - ie: the hinges they used on the legs have a stop and maybe make the cutting table top rotary cutter safe. That would add to the cost, but it avoid the need of finding a self healing piece, even though I leave mine in it. Seems to grip the table well enough, but I have to move it constantly.