Old 08-27-2012, 03:34 AM
AnnetteB

Default I won the AQS Ford Focus at Grand Rapids, MI, quilt show

I attended the 2012 American Quilting Society Quilt Show in Grand Rapids, Michigan with friends on Thursday to view the amazing, beautiful quilts and I was not disappointed. Creative, inspiring and a fun filled day of shopping and fellowship with other quilters who understand my obsession as normal I filled out one slip for the car give-away and put it in the box. On Saturday at 2pm, President of AQS, Meredith Schroeder, drew my slip out of a trunk full of entries. She called me to tell me I had won the car and I was so surprised I asked her, " Is this for real, how do I know it's not a scam." Well what a thing to say but they e-mailed me a picture of her drawing my name. I picked up the AQS Ford Focus 30 minutes before the closing of the show. It was real and Meredith is a wonderfully sweet lady. Look for a picture on the AQS website of Meredith handing me the keys to the AQS Ford Focus. Or come up to me and say hello if you see the AQS Ford Focus at a quilt shop near you. It is the first time I have won anything big. I am here to tell you keep filling out those slips because next time it could be you!