View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 05:31 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Thanks to everyone for all their input. I stayed up until about 1:30 this morning trying to figure it out. I had a program I thought I could installed use on one computer and not another. We ended up installing the program and not being able to use it after all. I probably got the pattern printed out at a useable size around noon today. I worked forever on it yesterday.

I know that it was 25% of the actual size and needed to be enlarged 400% to make it actual size. The reason it seemed too large was because, I believe, there was an error in the pattern and/or instructions. The background fabric was only 21" x 27", and the pattern was over 36 inches tall when enlarged at 400%...Finally, I measured the pattern in the book and did some math and ended up enlarging the pattern to 275% to fit the background.

This is the largest project I have made. My others have been minis, so I'm excited. I've had this pattern/project for 3 years. Everything has gone wrong. My fusible was giving me problems (coming apart from the paper). One piece fused really well, and I didn't think I was ever going to get the paper peeled off the back of my cut out to fuse it to my background. I did get it. I'm ready to put the borders on. Many other things went wrong. It's really looking cute, though, and I will share pics when I finish it!

This was a beginner pattern. I think I'll try a way more advanced one next time! LOL!

Also, I'm in a very rural area, and Staples is over an hour away...as for Office Max or Kinkos, I have no idea!

Thanks again for all the input!