View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:42 AM
ploverwi2

I love doing the binding. It is such an accomplishment, because it puts the icing on the cake I do the double fold binding. My corners are nicely mitered and turn out very well. It just takes a bit of practice, and I always join the ends, when I get all around the quilt, with the spliced method. It doesn't show, and it looks so nice, much better then the tucking the end in method. When I started qulting 6 years ago, my sister,who has quilted for around 30 years, used to say, "Oh, your corners are so cute and round". I nearly cried. I just couldn't get it right. It makes me smile now, when I think of how hard I struggled to get it down pat. So enjoy the binding, see it as a beautiful finishing touch to a beautiful quilt. Also, I do sew it to the front and hand stitch it onto the back. I like the clips that look like hair clips, to hold the binding down while hand stitching. They are great, and there are no pins to poke me. What is really fun, it to do a bias binding on a large round wall hanging. It goes on much easier than on a quilt. It amazes me, no careful fitting, etc. just stitch it on the front and enjoy hand stitching it down on the back.

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I am trying to find my nitch in binding. Me and binding don't go together. There isn't one aspect of it I like except the end result, when it's finished. So, if you will share with me what you like about binding, maybe it will get me to start binding. I have so many quilts to bind and no drive to do any of them. I want to start a new quilt, but I really need to bind these first. I want to like to bind really badly!

Last edited by ploverwi2; 08-27-2012 at 07:51 AM.