View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 AM
QuilterMomma

Oh alright, only if counts as a finishe for August. I need some more to hit my 10 for month. Here are some shots of the rr blocks that I did take as I was completing them. The star block and the theme overall became the star flower from the movie Tangled. We had recently watched it together and it just seemed to fit on the quilt so I had to change a couple things to complete it. I will definitely get a photo of it on here tomrorrow. So busy.
On the chair, it is only 19 years old, but I had a lot of time with the babies in that chair. Preterm labor for six months lived in the chair, then after baby born, another 1.5 years becaus she was so colicky and then had adnoids so bad could not eat much at each meal and spent many a nights rocking those babies to sleep. It is the most comfortable rocker I have sat in. I had to strip all the wood down, sand, then restain and varnish. We purchased the upholstery material about 7 years ago and for the 1.5 years I have been working on the wood. Yep, boss was getting a bit aggrevated at the sight of it at office so when he comes back, it is gone. Have some more work to do so will be off till tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails chair-progress.jpg   chair.jpg   kenah-block-1.jpg   kenah-block-5.jpg   kenah-block-4.jpg  

kenah-block-3.jpg   kenah-block-2.jpg