Old 08-27-2012, 08:44 AM
leighway

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I went to get some solid black cotton yesterday from a local store--the only local one that sells cotton fabric, that I've found.

She was out of it. I asked the owner (she was the one waiting on me) when she'd get it back in. I told her I could wait--I have plenty of projects and can just work on something else in the meantime. She called the person who delivers to her, apparently, and said he'd be out around the 9-11th of Sept. OK, I said...I can wait.

Those of you who have fabric stores around abundantly--any type--JoAnn, Walmart, etc. just be thankful. This is my "local fabric shop". She only carries one type of solid black, btw, so it's not like I can change types.

I am not complaining or hinting that I want anyone here to send me any--I don't.

I just want YOU to be thankful for what you have in the states. I'm thankful the owner was in and she knows I want black, so she will be sure to get some in!
Of course you're not hinting for anyone to send you fabric, but you do know you've joined a sisterhood where we'd share our last scrap if you needed it. And I suspect if you ever really did need a piece of this or that, you would be inundated lovingly. A nudge towards gratitude is always welcome. There is so much to be grateful for everyday! And please do send us pics of your shop and maybe some of the quilts you've made?