View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:48 PM
romanojg

Some LQS don't want machines that they can't resell and alot of them only sell higher $ items. I had the offer from mine for them to buy back my Mega quilter but I had only had it less than a yr and had hardly used it and would have lost 1/2 of what I paid for it. For me, it wasn't worth losing that much on it. I kept it plus I kept my regular sewing machine that was only a few yrs old. My new machine is very heavy so it only goes to classes when I need what it has to offer/embroidery, etc. If my other machine can do the job then it's what will go with me. Plus when I have the embroidery machine going it's nice to have the other machine on the other side of the table that I can use. Unless you need to sell it I would keep it. Then you have a backup incase the new one needs to go into the shop or has something going on it; like embroidery. I'd sell it on Craigslist for at least $50 if it's worth 100 on ebay. LQS don't compare the value to where it's sold elsewhere, they decide how much they can re-sell if for and make a profit and then offer you a %less than that.