View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Anastasia

There is no such thing as perfect. Mine aren't perfect and i'm trying not to stress it. If it's obviously BAD I will rip it apart (like the one I was making for Nex with all that wiggly bits in the middle and incorrect sized black).. But glad you like what I"ve done so far. I've been drawing my templates on the back of the fabric before I cut it out, especially with DoghouseMom's fabric cause there was no room for error with that stuff. Good thing i did too because the pattern I was following asked for something that would have used it all up on one piece and not let me cut the rest of the pieces. Glad that some days my brain works.

I'm in this to try new techniques, new blocks. I've only been sewing since May and haven't sewn that much actually so it's all new to me. Im just trying my best so I hope my errors are forgivable. I'm going to try my hand at hand-sewing some hexies in a little bit. woohoo.

Today I got more squishies. I got April's, Immemother's, and Buddy's Mom's. I also got one from stitching post but I didn't swap with her I just told her I'd make her one if she sent me the fabric. I got 16 blocks coming, that's all I need for the vision I have so I didn't want a spare one.

Have some job hunting class stuff this week, and then regular school classes start next week, a lot going on for me the holiday weekend so am really glad I got a jump start. This handpiecing might take me the 4 months.. hahah we'll see. I've been ooogling and oggggling various blocks, getting ideas for what's to come. I've been going back and forth over Jaba's fabric or else it'd be done by now. Trying to see if there's something I like better than what I'm thinking of.. and probably going to do a sample block out of it to see how I like it before I commit to that. Because I picked a blue that matches but it has a stripe so I want it to look ok in the pattern I"m thinking of. Gonna be another pattern that I have to draw on the back of the fabric over.

Yes, loving my 12.5" square so nice when you plop it on and you only just have to trim little tiny scraggly bits. Ok that only happened once... hehehe.
Elisabrat.. yours is in the mail so you can have willpower if you want. I won't hold it against you.