View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
sew_Tracy

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
Default My converted family room

When DH built an apartment downstairs in the garage for his mother, he also had to put in a bathroom and shower in the laundry area so our washer and dryer had to come upstairs. We never used the dining table so I gave it away, so now the room is basically my studio. Quite handy being near the kitchen!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358398[/ATTACH]
We bought this sturdy office desk for 5 bucks at a local thrift shop. DH reinforced the middle drawer and then cut a hole to fit my old Brother. Needs to be enlarged a bit for my new Singer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358399[/ATTACH]
My portable ironing board I made. The board itself is an old wooden cutting board from a yard sale, the cover is made from a new cover and pad purchased at a yard sale for a quarter. The underside has that rubbery drawer liner glued to it for no slippage. Old phone book supports it on the pull-out right-hand side table.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]358401[/ATTACH]
The left-hand pull-out side table is used for small trimming and cutting.

You can barely see the corner of my work board. For that I bought a sheet for 5 bucks at Wal-mart. I got the long fabric rolls from Hancock fabrics. They are always happy to give them away. I sewed a hem in the top and bottom big enough to fit the tubes through then stuffed them in. Ran a part of an old clothesline through the top tube for hanging it.
Attached Thumbnails fxcam_1346097843438.jpg   fxcam_1346097856819.jpg   fxcam_1346097867695.jpg