View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
mcwillia

You are going to be so happy with your new toys. Considering what you paid for quilting services, you will break even very quickly and the best part is that the quilt is totally your creation from start to finish.
If you don't have a stack of charity quilt tops for practicing your techniques, buy a bolt of muslin and make quilts for the local animal shelter. The dogs won't care if your stitching isn't perfect and by the time you finish the bolt, you will be amazed how much you have improved.
I just upgraded from an HQ16 with PCQuilter (which I used for 7 years) to the Crown Jewel with Prostitcher. What a difference in the machines and software!! Less noise, smoother movement, and the stitching is more consistent when using the robotics.
Ifstamper - I have a 12 ft table and if one end is pushed against a wall, you need a minimum of 18 inches to walk (squeeze) around to the back side. I took over the living room as my studio. We also have a great room and didn't use the living room except for company. Now the room is used every day instead of being just a dust collector (well, ok...it collects a lot more dust with all the fibers but I don't have to clean an area that was under-used.)