Old 10-04-2009, 07:50 PM
MollieSue

For the holidays, (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter), my kids all go to their in-laws for lunch, then back here for dinner. That also lets all the little ones have the whole morning to play with their presents, etc, at home. A few times we've had the dinner with Dave's kids on a different day, due to their schedules, etc.
I used to provide all the food and everything, but now ask the kids to provide a dish or two. There are 20 of them now! lol!!! And I think they all really enjoy doing it.
A year or two ago, my kids started drawing names between themselves, and all of them buying for all of the little kids. It's a 'have to' for me, to buy for all the kids no matter their age. Their presents have just gotten a bit cheaper over the past few years, when they started mutiplying so much! lol!!!! And we try making some things too.
I also continue to make each of my kids their 'birthday dinner'. A couple of times my DDILs have done it, and that's fine with me. And they've been alternating who makes mine! We all get together for everyones birthday dinners.
:D