Old 08-27-2012, 08:49 PM
quiltingcandy

I would more than likely go see it. There are a lot of people out there that buy the machines and are then intimated by them. If you have the address you would have nothing to lose by driving by - if you don't like what you see when you drive up, just keep going. Or leave your husband in the car and if you aren't out in a given time, he can call the police. I have 2 rather expensive machines, neither of my daughters sews. I have told them and my husband not to just give the machines away when I am unable to sew, not that I am planning anything, but people that don't sew have no idea. And they can give them to some one that will use it they know, but not just a Goodwill give-away. If you know what I mean. This lady may believe that if she get anything for it she will be ahead of the game.

A good clue if it is stolen whether or not if if she has the owners manual. If she is an older woman, I doubt that she would sell a stolen machine. The Janome needs to be threaded properly for it to sew well, all the more reason to make sure you have the manual.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 08-27-2012 at 08:55 PM.