View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Elisabrat

Hello good friends, I never in a million years would resort to bribery of any kinds regardless of what certain members may state. I simply follow through with my promise and well if it accidentally gets my stuff done faster well oops.. grin.. in all fairness Quiltermomma you threatened to tape mine to the bottom of your to do box if I didnt come through. I think I came through nicely no rush on this end fyi if someone else needs work asap go for it, I live on my time which is nap time more often than not. No worries. I do have a couple quilt questions for you if you have a moment let me know being a teacher and all you can probably help me address a couple issues I amhaving. No not the big mouth ones those are for the rest of the group. JABA your back! I bet your visit was fun PICS we want PICS the whole group and your one potato feeding them all!

I received fabric from buddys mom, linda 58, last name Straley and Sheri R in TX I dont have the which group they came from in front of me but thought its better to post now and get it done before I forget. Apologies to all but at least I got the posting done. Phew.

ok question here: I did this block. It sucked. I realized after looking at it lost all these points, perfect 12.5 inches.. restate that I didnt get the point... I stared and stared and instantly knew if I gave it a full 1/4 inch instead of the scant those would turn into points. I did this. Now I have a perfect block. Perfect 12.0 not a bit off at all. Can't send a perfect 12 block. What would you do? only parts I could use are four 4" blocks when its all taken apart if I go that route, I can order more fabric (found it phew) as guilt will kill me otherwise, or put a skinny but sashing all around which I think sounds pretty dumb.. so for now its on the counter waiting the weight in from you guys. I can NOT take it out or its lost points and well is horrid looking like a kinder kid did it. Now its pretty as it should be argh. Fromhere on out you all get four square boxs.. ok ok not but I am thinking I will find one pattern I can do regularly right now and stick to it. How unoriginal completely.

fabric store wording on my batik issue: the sewing machine repair person said I should probably only use batik to batik as the machine is so old it cant take the difference between regular cotton vs batik. Does this sound right? argh.. batiks are so different.. I own navy and thats it. Not with baby pink. HELP. (issue was it is not pulling bobbin thread up its running it instead of snagging it.. only on this fabric combo)..