View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Cindy60545

Congratulations on the new machine! Like some of the others have said, it won't take you no time to get used to it. Breathe! Put some enjoyable music on & dance to the tune with your new baby. Don't forget to name her! Mine is Queenie. (She's a Queen Quilter 18, by Tin Lizzie) I've had mine since the end of March. Bought it used, had it shipped to me & have had no instruction except from reading & the internet. Took me 4 months just to get the frame to where it no longer would hit "bumps" & throw off my stitching! There are groups just for longarmers on the net that you can join & ask questions, we all help each other trouble shoot our machines & help with other things. Check Yahoo for one for Babylock. But there is one for Home quilting machines there that a lot of us belong to. Also, Quilter's Club has a group called Longarmers share. Do try & get your 2 day training as soon as possible. That will give you a tremendous edge to getting going. Like others have said, practice, practice, practice! Charity quilts are a great practice piece! Am looking forward to your posts of quilting!