View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:18 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
Within the past two years I have bought two excellent new machines for around $700. It is quite doable.
For the first, I knew the store sold Vikings and I told him what I had to spend and told him I was quite firm on that price and he was able to steer me to a fine machine. (I really wanted to support a local business.) The other was a Pfaff that I researched and bought at a Quilt Expo for the show price.

If your dealer can't listen to you, pass him by. You can read reviews of many machines online but I would reccommend you try before you buy. And don't get talked into something you do not need!
I totally agree. You need support from where you buy it; someone who'll answer your questions without only seeing the $$$ signs and you really need to try several different ones in your price range. It really doesn't matter what others are saying about how they like a machine; you have to like it and not all machines fit everyone. Good luck and you should be able to find some with a larger size harp in your price range. You might also check the gently used ones at a LQS too because they'll have a warranty and you'll get more for your money.