Old 08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
n2scraplvr

Exclamation Scrappy Ferris Wheel, a Spiderweb-Dresden Plate Combo

This is a combination Spiderweb and Dresden Plate and my own pattern. It's not a Spiderweb because of the Dresden center circle and it's not a Dresden because of the spiderweb edges. I have a love for both of those blocks so this is a combo. The purpose was to use up scraps. 1760 strips were used in this quilt. I had no idea how it would go together. I just drew the size block I wanted in order to maximize the use of strips. No PP or foundation was needed. I just laid strips on top of a cardboard template to eyeball the size and when I liked the colors, it was sewn together. I soon figured out how to join it. The connectors were all hand appliqued. Now the only thing left to do is hand applique the whole quilt to black borders...lol...that'll take a little while. I finished most of this quilt the end of May but stopped to work on other projects. I love how it turned out and am looking forward to hand appliqueing it. It's 54x71 now and will have wide borders. Lots of hidden objects are in this quilt. The wedge is 5x5.5 if you want to make your own. A few pics follow. No it didn't make a dent but there are 1760 less scraps in the pile.lol.!
Attached Thumbnails ferris-wheel.jpg   cu-2.jpg   cu-3.jpg   cu-4.jpg   cu-5.jpg  

cu-6.jpg