View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 AM
orangeroom

In a nut shell, tell the person who is selling you the presser foot that you are a quilter and you need the appropriate presser foot for 1/4" for piecing/quilting purposes.

When I originally purchased my Emerald, the woman selling was not the Viking saleswoman and had no clue. I got home and made a few 'house' blocks and for some bizarre reason all the new ones I made with my (not cheap) new machine were all wonky. I got very frustrated, and was ready to return my machine, but called the store instead. I was directed to call another store as there I could speak to a Viking saleswoman and not someone who was just filling in and had no knowledge. Amazing what a difference it was speaking to a true quilter and saleswoman of the product. She also convinced me to buy the walking foot. At $30 I was hesitant, but am so glad I did and knowing now how easy it is to sew on 1/2 my binding with it, would spend a lot more for it! Good luck!

Oh, I'd also go with the presser foot that has the little silver guide to the right of it. Granted I lived, pieced and sewed without it for ~20 years, but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it now! If you have any other questions, you can always pm me!!!

Last edited by orangeroom; 08-29-2012 at 03:44 AM.