Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 AM
carriem

I don't have kids old enough to come home and complain about the house not being quite right...if they ever said something while still living at home, I would put them to work since more than likely the mess was theirs to begin with!! LOL

As usual it sounds like we are all busy...good thing quilting is important to us or it would be pushed to the wayside. I have people say "how do you get so much done"...well, my thinking is if you want to do it you will make time for it.

I am still working to finish a couple UFOs and then will be back to PC blocks more regularly. Crystal and I are getting together next Tuesday to cut more fabrics and less than 2 weeks to our retreat where *hopefully* we will get LOTS of blocks done!! We are so excited.

I just have borders and binding to finish on the D9P w/a Twist and then will be working on a quilt to donate to the local hospice house. I had a friend who was there and died of cancer last November the same weekend I was at a retreat. Well the day after she died I went to a quilt shop and bought fabric. I didn't know what to do with it, but have found a pattern.

I called the hospice house and they said they could really use some new quilts as theirs are getting a little worn. So...that is what I decided to do. I might even have enough fabric for 2 quilts. I will be contacting my friend's mom today (whom I got to know during Jeanne's illness). Another friend suggested asking her if she would be interested in doing the quilting on it (she has a longarm).

Hope all have a productive week!

Carrie