View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Whigrose

Oh boy, have I been having fun!

Dh has been working at the big local fair with his American Legion Post for the past three days. They do the chicken bbq for the fairgoers; it is their biggest fundraiser of the year. And I have been thoroughly enjoying my alone time.

I have so many ideas running around my head for my RxR so thought I'd just start playing with scissors. Not sure if I'll use any or all of these machines. Still haven't quite figured out how I want my row to end up looking like - I love flying geese so I'm certain there will be some of those in there somewhere. And maybe an oil can since I have to oil everyone of these babies before I can use them.

Oh, if you don't know antique machines, in order from L to R is a Davis VF, early Singer and a Willcox and Gibbs. And yes, I do have the good fortune to own each of these ( plus several other very old gals).

Thinking about putting the company names above or near each machine - maybe even using the Willcox & Gibbs to stitch them?

I know I'm early, bit of an overachiever, but just couldn't let this time go to waste, right? Right.

None of these are stitched down yet, just had fun cutting out pieces.

best,
d
Attached Thumbnails 2012_2013-row-row-006.jpg