Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
bibliostone

Instead of using the microsoft mail merge, I go to www.avery.com and do it online. Select "design and print online" and then choose labels. Just put in the template number for your labels (it should be somewhere on your package) and search that number. It will bring up lots of different styles of labels you can use. On mine, I used one that let me upload a graphic. I chose a quilt block and was very pleased with the way it printed. It asks if you want to do a mail merge and then asks for the file name. You then move over the fields that you want. Even though it only showed 3 lines, since I wanted to include the board name and group (which I added on my spreadsheet), I just put in spaces after the name until it went to the next line. I then added the graphic and printed them. Very easy. I also did a sheet with my own name, board name, address, & state with a different graphic. Again, super easy to do. Hope this helps if you don't here from anyone else.

Originally Posted by daisey View Post
Hey does any one remember what page the instructions are on for mail merging the excel spread sheet to make labels...I always forget,,,I tried tonight but there must be a step I am not doing correctly...Thanks for any help I was trying to mget in mail today but no time to print all the adresses and return addresses so until I figure this out they will sit.. Thanks...I need step by step instructions I have microsoft word and excel