View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 AM
quiltlady1941

Default help with seams showing

I'm making a single Irish chain and I'm having a problem with after pressing, the color squares showing through to the white one, I know from watching Jenny on the Missiour star quilt company videos that you always press to the dark side. But what happens when this can not be done, I am really trying to sew so both fabric line up but some is just a tiny bit over...like a few dark threads. and this shows like a dark line when you look from the front.. I'm sure no one would see this but to me it sticks out so much. I don't like it....is there anyway other then trimming the sean off?

this is a picture I only have 3 rows sewed so far and I thought that I would ask and see if anyone has a fix from this problem. beside trimming each seam..you really can't see the dark line in the picture but take my word ..it is there, but you can see what I was talking about as far as the pressing goes.. Thanks so much

I'm not liking the colors my friend picked out , to me it is going to be to much white ..what do you think...
Attached Thumbnails img_0856.jpg  

Last edited by quiltlady1941; 08-29-2012 at 10:57 AM.