View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I'm making a single Irish chain and I'm having a problem with after pressing, the color squares showing through to the white one, I know from watching Jenny on the Missiour star quilt company videos that you always press to the dark side. But what happens when this can not be done, I am really trying to sew so both fabric line up but some is just a tiny bit over...like a few dark threads. and this shows like a dark line when you look from the front.. I'm sure no one would see this but to me it sticks out so much. I don't like it....is there anyway other then trimming the sean off?

this is a picture I only have 3 rows sewed so far and I thought that I would ask and see if anyone has a fix from this problem. beside trimming each seam..you really can't see the dark line in the picture but take my word ..it is there, but you can see what I was talking about as far as the pressing goes.. Thanks so much

I'm not liking the colors my friend picked out , to me it is going to be to much white ..what do you think...
To me it's too much blue. Once you put batting and backing on it the seams probably won't show at all. You can tone down the white by using a blue thread when you quilt it.