Thread: Finished!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Helen S

Default Finished!!!!

I am SO happy this is DONE! I started this quilt on May 28th this year, so I guess three months wasn't too very long, but seemed like it took forever. Of course, life does get in the way sometimes, so had some down time with it now and then.

Anyway, It pretty much covers the top of our king size bed, and measures 72" X 86". It will be a Christmas gift for our oldest grandson and his wife. I MAY find time between now and then to make a couple of matching pillow cases or shams. We'll see.

Even though it was mostly straight stitching, and I worked the quilt in two halves, it was still pretty big, then add the extra batting and fabric around the edges, and all the turning and twisting, pushing and pulling and heaving of the quilt as I worked on it made for some physical labor...ok...labor of love! lol

The 6 1/2" throat of my 13 year old Pfaff Tiptronic 2020 handled the job ok...just barely at times, but I AM thinking about trading it in on a Janome MC6600P that has the bigger throat to aid in quilting. The Janome is one of the few I'm seeing that has the presser foot lever on the BACK of the machine (where it BELONGS IMHO! I have to ask who's bright idea it was to start moving those levers into the throat area of the machine?!) (DH is jumping up and down, whining about my shopping, although I haven't bought a single remnant or any other fabric in the past five days! MEN! lol Maybe I need to show him how GOOD a shopper I can be! ; )

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358860[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]358862[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 10-minute-block-8-29-12-001.jpg   10-minute-block-8-29-12-002.jpg   10-minute-block-8-29-12-005.jpg