View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
GailG

Default It's been a very long day!!

We waited for Isaac to arrive. He roamed around the gulf and finally decided upon a destination. At first he tried to visit Tampa, but upon hesitation, he was coming to visit us in South Louisiana. He hopped around heading for New Orleans, then not heading for New Orleans. He hopped onto the shore, but hesitated and tried to go back to sea. We went to bed with the generator on ready for when the power failed. Woke up this morning and Isaac was still hesitating. Was he afraid of our alligators, our Saints, or our Tigers? At last he started his slow pace over land. All-in-all it's been a slow, stressful day. Power finally went off about three this afternoon. We had our little puff of wind and sweeping rain. We were thankful to be on the "good" side of the hurricane. As the boy Isaac edges his way upstate (he is now approaching Baton Rouge) he leaves behind damaged buildings and trees, high water, and flattened sugarcane fields. Some folks had more damage than others. All we had was a long wait. And we're told, we have another night and day of rain. I hope he reaches our friends in Arkansas and Missouri who need his moisture the most.

I know I wasted good quilting time, but I just couldn't put my mind to it. What did you quilters do while waiting for the hurricane?