Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by nygal View Post
Sybil Shepard is another actress who hasn't had any work done on her face and I admire her for it. A few years ago an actress was on tv...I forget now who it was but my dh said "she didn't age well". I said she has it's just that she is aging naturally without "work" done on her face. I could see a light bulb went on in his head and he said you are right! Robert Redford is another one that has no work done and it shows. But you never near anyone knocking him because he is aging "naturally".

A pet peeve of mine is the magazine ads for mascara...how the actress have FAKE eye lashes on. Some look like they are wearing the brush from the mascara on their eyes!! Do they think we are stupid?? I watched on HBO recently a show about older models. A few of them said they actually have less work now since the "stars" are now on all the magazine covers and rarely a model. That was interesting.
I admire Jamie Lee Curtis, too, because she's let her hair go gray & the whole nine. Bully for her! Ditto Roseanne Barr. These chicks who had their faces pulled so tight that they can't even close their eyes -- do they think that's attractive? I think it's gross!

The mascara ads make me mad, too. And how about that new medicine you can take to make your eyelashes thicker? Are we that vain anymore? That stuff has all kinds of dire warnings connected to it. Isn't that what mascara is for to begin with? Crazy!

When I first moved here to WI, I was asked if my engagement/wedding ring was real (it was), if my breats were real (they are). how much I weighed (about 100 pounds) & how much my husband made (i had no idea). What happened to manners? I would never DREAM to asking ANYBODY that stuff... not even my best friend!