Old 08-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Okay everybody - As promised here are some pictures of the wonderful little Amish quilt that Krystyna made for me. I will be hanging it on the wall by my sewing machine for reason to look up and be inspired. I took a couple of close ups to add to the photo you provided Krystyna. The embroidered quilting motifs are just beautiful and so complex! I love the way the colors work so well together too.

Fictional tussles aside, I think your binding is just fine... better than I can do! I have yet to be able to do an attached binding well. I usually (gasp!) turn the backing over the edge, machine stitch it onto the front and use that for the binding. Probably going to be getting pulled over by the quilt police someday soon.

Last night I looked through the Small Quilts book you sent and found at least three that I am now dying to do! Somebody here is going to be getting one someday
Thank you so much Krystyna - it was fun being your partner!
Lara, I'm so glad you liked it. Looking at the closeups, I can see all my "misses" with stitch in the ditch! Arghhhhh!
The quilt was a lot of fun to do ~ I used some of the blocks from the Farmer's Wife Sampler ~ and the Contrary Wife was especially appropos!