View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 05:57 PM
littlebitoheaven

Originally Posted by littlebitoheaven View Post
This quilt is for my DD. Some of the hankies belonged to my mother. The other hankies are from the Moda collection ordered on line and many are ones that I ordered on line from a fellow in China. 20 for $25.00. The Moda pattern calls for some of the squares to be fabric only but my DD couldn't give up any of the hankies so we did them in all squares and most triangles. She loved the "piano" border I did on my DGD quilt and wanted it for hers. We also put a bit of lace on the second (piano) border. Had to pre wash the lace and stitch it down for obvious reasons. I had it quilt by my LAQ. I want to thank the quilter who suggested putting the label in the corner and stitching it down with the binding. I love this idea and think it would be difficult to remove if a quilt was stolen. [ATTACH=CONFIG]358256[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]358257[/ATTACH]I have posted this pattern but will again if anyone is interested.
Thank you again to everyone for your kind words and support. Having a bit of trouble connecting with Administration so I am going to ask that anyone who wants to know how I made this quilt, please e-mail me at [email protected]. Yolanda