Old 10-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Bill'sBonBon

When I was a child my family always did big on holidays. Easter,July 4th,Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mom always had special stuff. We were a family of 5 poor but not the poorest. Dad always managed to get it all together and Mom always fixed all the trimmmings regardless of what holiday it was.
I taught my Girls Those 4 Holidays were Special. The first 2 years of marriage we had no kids. Went to inlaws or wherever. When I had my DDS it all changed. Both Girls had told me since they have been grown and had Thanksgiving elsewhere instead of with me and their dad,That no one celebrated the holidays like we did as a family. We CELEBRATED The holidays were not just another day. Over the years most of their 4ths,Easter,Thanksgiving,Christmas has been spent with me and their Father. Since we moved to GA. I now have only 1 daughter up here and it is not the same with her sister and familly missing. Grandsons are Grown with Jobs family, responsiblity. So we stay in Ga. and see them in Fl. after the holidays and still have a big blast. This Thanksgiving there will probably be around 16 or so people here. Thought I was going to get by with a 12lb. Turkey. LOL SILs have called to ask if they could come up. Still will miss my oldest and her bunch.
BillsBonBon