Old 08-31-2012, 10:24 AM
HouseDragon

Default NO Febreze, PLEASE!

Please, please don't use Febreze if you give away or sell your quilts. Those of us who are allergic to Febreze can get contact dermatitis that can take weeks to get rid of and it can act as an attack trigger to those of us with asthma.

Unfortunately, I've had both happen to me. I woke up with every part of my body not covered by my nightie broken out after sleeping one night under sheets washed in a laundry soap "with Febreze" at my DD's. And I could never understand why the back of my legs would break out after visiting my DDIL's: they sprayed their couch with Febreze.

Thank you to the poster who suggested the charcoal shoe inserts. I know that idea is going to come in handy at some point!

I store my fabrics in plastic bins stacked on top of each other with a rolling bin at the bottom of each stack. Because of their construction, the bins are not air tight which lets air circulate to a limited extent. Fabrics are usually washed as they are bought but not always. I pink the cut edges before washing which makes it quick & easy to tell "Washed or not washed?".