Old 08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
J Miller

Candace,

My wife says the white cabinet will stay white, or be stripped down to what it's original finish was. My camera made it look much better than it really is. The paint is latex and it's pealing off in some places. Other than that it's a dandy cabinet. Quite solid and heavy. We're thinking of putting our 401A in it.

Miriam,

To be truthful I was trying to get my wife to distract you while I secreted the Sewmore out under my shirt.
But she wasn't reading my mind then.
It looks silver to me, but it sorta has a greenish tint. Here's the pic of it I took:

I think it would look real nice sitting in my sewing room. Oh wait, I don't have a "sewing room". Oh darn.

I don't really like the white paint on that cabinet because it is latex. If I were to do it white, I'd strip it down to the bare wood, then prep it and then spray it with a good oil based paint. Something that would be durable and last.

To say that visiting your shop was an adventure is almost an understatement. I enjoyed it big time.

OH By the way, I asked my LSMG about the cork gasket on the industrial and he said they are available and would run around $8.00 to $10.00 depending on the model. I had forgotten to take that info with me.

Joe